Rest in Peace, Gwen Caeli

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
last year
1,720 posts

Nice playing, Lisa.  And what a nice way to honor Gwen.  She was a member here and was pretty active in spurts. I had no idea she had passed away.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
last year
1,073 posts

Lisa, I don't know if that is the correct person. I did a search on her name an that is one of the options that came up for Spartanburg, SC. The photo looked like her likeness from her videos. I never met Gwen and only know her through the dulcimer videos.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
last year
2,248 posts

Gwen had a membership here on FOTMD as well- there are a few of her music and videos she posted here
https://fotmd.com/gwen-caeli

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Lisa C
Lisa C
@lisa-c
last year
11 posts

Ken, you do have the correct person.  Will look into LinkedIn to see how much is there (beyond the seeming 'introduction' the public sees).  Richard and Robin, thanks to you also for kind wishes.  While I hope more information surfaces here, I always appreciate the kindness of fotmd.  Happy New Year to all!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 years ago
1,073 posts

There is a Gwen Caeli Mooneyham in LinkedIn. I don't know if that is the same person. There is information about her professional life.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

So nice of you to pay tribute to Gwen, Lisa.  

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
2 years ago
231 posts

How thoughtful of you to remember her like this. I hope you find the information you need.

Lisa C
Lisa C
@lisa-c
2 years ago
11 posts

Does anyone have obituary-type information for Gwen?   Pat Clark and I are working toward a sendinthemusic.com page that will be called “Celebrating Gwen Caeli.”  The page will include Gwen’s 8/27/2021 mystery guest segment with hopefully some extra words added.  I have already contacted Tull Glazener as a resource, but he too has "struck out."  All I/we know is that her funeral service was Nov. 20 in Spartanburg, SC.  

In honor of Gwen, and the always helpful Dusty Thorburn, here is a simple offering for this New Year's Eve: 

updated by @lisa-c: 01/09/23 10:41:55PM