Looking for TAB for "To Drive the Cold Winter Away"

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
400 posts

Thanks for reposting this, Rob!  I think we should all learn this and DRIVE THE COLD WINTER AWAY!  Enough already!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Mark Gilston
Mark Gilston
@mark-gilston
8 years ago
6 posts

Drive the Cold Winter Away is in my book of English Country Dance Tunes for Dulcimer, Vol 1 

http://www.lulu.com/shop/mark-gilston/english-country-dance-tunes-for-dulcimer-vol-1/paperback/product-2311230.html

Here I am playing it so you can hear the arrangement:

Deb M
Deb M
@deb-m
8 years ago
4 posts

Rob N Lackey:
Ok, here it is:  

Thank you so much!

Annie Deeley
Annie Deeley
@annie-deeley
8 years ago
49 posts

Dear Rob, we were just today wondering where the cd of this (Loreena McKennit) had gone = and tonight I found the tab you posted and am learnning it. Thank you so much. Isn't it a pretty one?

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
8 years ago
420 posts

Ok, here it is:

Deb M
Deb M
@deb-m
8 years ago
4 posts

Vivian Hays:
I found it!  Thanks

OK...I've looked everywhere - where is it? (Guess my eyes aren't what they used to be <sigh>)

Vivian Hays
Vivian Hays
@vivian-hays
9 years ago
19 posts

I found it!  Thanks

Vivian Hays
Vivian Hays
@vivian-hays
9 years ago
19 posts

Hi.  I am still trying to find tab for To Drive the cold Winter Away...Rob-n-lackey says it is posted on the thread, but if it is I can't find out where!  boohoo.  Does anyone have it or know where to get it?  Thanks! Vivian

Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
9 years ago
51 posts

Looking for following tabs: "When I Die" and "MacPherson's Farewell". Please respond to: joebesse@aol.com

Thanks.

Vivian Hays
Vivian Hays
@vivian-hays
9 years ago
19 posts

Rob N Lackey:
"Drive the Cold Winter Away," in the music I found for it, is in D minor. It works out really well in DAc tuning. In fact, I have it tabbed out now.Send a friend request if you'd like a copy.Rob

Hi!  I realize this post is older, but I haven't been on the site for quite some time, and haven't been doing anything on the dulcimer for quite some time, but thought it would be nice to get tab for this song, as I really like at, and it might just get me started up again...do you still have it available?  I would very much appreciate it if you do!  Thanks, Vivian

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

Thanks Rob!!! How appropriate for today. I looked at the outside thermometer and it said 10 degrees.

Barbara Berg
Barbara Berg
@barbara-berg
10 years ago
4 posts
Thanks so much for sending this so quickly, Rob. I heard it played on a CD I just bought from Gourd Music--"Colonial Christmas"-- and I knew it would sound great on dulcimer. Barbara

Rob N Lackey said:

"Drive the Cold Winter Away," in the music I found for it, is in D minor. It works out really well in DAc tuning. In fact, I have it tabbed out now.

Send a friend request if you'd like a copy.

Rob

Lynn austin
Lynn austin
@lynn-austin
10 years ago
19 posts
Thanks for sharing the tab Rob...a great song to learn this time of year!!!!!
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

I thought it would be easier just to attach it to this thread

Joe Hamilton
Joe Hamilton
@joe-hamilton
10 years ago
9 posts

Rob- this is Joe Hamilton here. I just sent you a friend request. I thought we were connected already but then again, when it comes to computer stuff, I'm far from the sharpest tool in the shed. If memory serves me, Will Ackerman did a cover of this song. Anyway, I'd sure like the tab as well. Thanks. BTW-you were lookin/soundin good at Hindman. Sure was nice of Jim to capture and share all that he did.

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

"Drive the Cold Winter Away," in the music I found for it, is in D minor. It works out really well in DAc tuning. In fact, I have it tabbed out now.

Send a friend request if you'd like a copy.

Rob

Barbara Berg
Barbara Berg
@barbara-berg
10 years ago
4 posts
I would like to find TAB for "To Drive the Cold Winter Away" from Playford. I would be nice to have it in DAD or DGD tuning. I found it in 1-3-5 tuning, which I guess would beD F# A, but I would rather work in a more familiar tuning. Thanks for any suggestions.
updated by @barbara-berg: 06/16/15 05:43:46PM