Rod Westerfield

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,426 posts

CD, thanks for the reminder!  Though I'm often overwhelmed with caregiving, I hope to get to strum a tune in Rod's memory on the 8th. 

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
8 years ago
258 posts

At the time of his death I was feeling rather sorry for myself in a coronary care unit,

and was much heartened when my wife brought in the little book of tunes that Rod had just put together.........to send it must have been one of the last things he did...........its treasured !!!

JohnH

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,727 posts

Rod was the first one who welcomed a lot of us to FOTMD.  He was a true gentleman.  I remember fondly playing with him as well on the Tuesday Dulcimer Club on Paltalk.  After his passing I just found it too sad to continue joining that online gathering.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,253 posts

I think of Rod often and fondly, and I truly miss him.  Such a kind and thoughtful man... he was deeply dedicated to his family, his music, and to all his many dulcimer friends both old and new.  Thanks for the reminder CD, ....and good to see YOU back here again.  nod

Rod's music is still very much worth a listen:  http://fotmd.com/rod-westerfield

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
8 years ago
182 posts

Rod was one of the first people to welcome me into the dulcimer world.  He is truly missed.

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
8 years ago
258 posts

Definitely not forgotten..............always very forgiving of my errant computer technique !

JohnH

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,084 posts

Thanks for the reminder CD. Will do. I miss our conversations with Rod.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

CD
CD
@cd
8 years ago
61 posts

I know it isn't May yet and it definitely isn't the 8th but I have been thinking about my dear friend MO Dulcimer lately.  I am sure the Angels are all strumming well by now but I wanted to remember him here once again on FOTMD.  All of ya pick up your dulcimers May 8th and play Happy Birthday for MO.  Gone but not forgotton.

CD

updated by @cd: 02/09/21 10:38:48PM