Appalasia - mountain dulcimer, erhu, banjo

Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
10 months ago
355 posts

Thanks Rob, it is interesting how they combined the instruments and make them work together. I really enjoyed learning about these musicians.

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 months ago
872 posts

Hey, thanks, Rob!  

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 months ago
451 posts

Here's a link to some of their music and interviews, I thought it was really interesting.

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 months ago
872 posts

Golly, I don't know about Jeff's instrument, Rob; you'd know better than I do.  I'm hoping to make it to the concert at Jerry Rockwell's fest yet may not know until last minute whether I'll get to go or not. 

--
Robin T
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 months ago
451 posts

I'm going to wait and see if Jeff has any cds at SE Ohio.  Save the shipping  lol.  Can't wait to meet him.  Love players who play like he does using no extra frets.  In fact, is that an old Capritaurus he's playing?  Scroll over a "flat head" was something they used wasn't it?

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 months ago
872 posts

I'm glad you ladies enjoyed seeing Appalasia!  I've ordered a cd.  :) 

--
Robin T
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
10 months ago
355 posts

This is a very wonderful threesom of musicians thanks for pointing this out to us Robin. I really enjoyed hearing them play.

hugssandi
@hugssandi
10 months ago
215 posts

I love a dulcimer (of course), can't play but love a banjo, and I actually dream of an erhu (because of my K-drama love)!  ~this is amazing~  Thank you for sharing!!!!  Perfection!

updated by @hugssandi: 08/19/16 09:27:53PM
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 months ago
872 posts

http://www.appalasia.com/Multi_Media.htm

--
Robin T