2021 Berea Traditional Dulcimore Gathering Details

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 years ago
1,073 posts

Steven, if you are planning on using the bridge on I40 over the Mississippi, check to see if it is open. It has been closed due to a crack in a beam that supports one of the spans. Wouldn't want you to get wet.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
3 years ago
143 posts

I'm taking the scenic route! Just have to make a left turn at the Mississippee, cross over at Nashville, and head north and east from there.....shrugger

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

I hope he's got big floaties for his wagon and oxen -- the Gulf of Mexico due East of Texas is kinda rough this time of year!confusey

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,248 posts

Steven's gonna wind up in Florida and wonder where everyone is.  giggle2

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
3 years ago
143 posts

Dan:

Steven Berger:

I'll be there with mask and vaccination card...don't forget to bring any necessary paperwork, folks...and a few dulcimores! Now I gotta get the oxen and wagon ready for the big trek...Wagons EAST!!!

You taking the scenic route, I thought it would be north?

Both east and north, Dan.

Dan
Dan
@dan
3 years ago
180 posts

Steven Berger:

I'll be there with mask and vaccination card...don't forget to bring any necessary paperwork, folks...and a few dulcimores! Now I gotta get the oxen and wagon ready for the big trek...Wagons EAST!!!

You taking the scenic route, I thought it would be north?

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
3 years ago
143 posts

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
3 years ago
385 posts

And I'll be packing my illustrious J. E. Thomas replica Cumberland dulcimore, which will be won by an attendee!  Plus a few other things of possible interest and/or sale.  Should be a great few days, folks!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 years ago
1,073 posts

I'll be there with my mask on as well. I'll have some dulcimores to exhibit and maybe some other stuff to show. I'll have a video projector with me if anyone has something they want to show that way.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

Registration is closed.  We have 34 attendees!  A good time will be had by all -- espcially watching Dan with his bells on!!poke

Dan
Dan
@dan
3 years ago
180 posts

I'll be there with bells on, and a mask!

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

I don't know why, but last week Berea College requested that Gathering attendees either be vaccinated or have a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours before arrival.  We're sorry if this inconveniences some people and we understand if you choose not to attend because of the College's request.  But our goal is to keep everyone safe.

updated by @ken-hulme: 05/16/21 09:45:44AM
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

Lodging and Activities will be in the Anna Smith Hall. 

See attached map.  The other location to note is the Alumni Building where we take our meals.

InkedBerea Map.jpg
InkedBerea Map.jpg  •  175KB

updated by @ken-hulme: 05/05/21 12:06:39PM
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

Registration Deadline For The Berea Traditional Dulcimore Gathering is May 15th!
No "at the gate" Registrations allowed. 

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

Complete details, including costs, housing, and the schedule of activities are now listed under Events at the top of the FOTMD page.

Looking forward to seeing interested folks in a wonderful setting once again!