April Come She Will (Simon & Garfunkel)

ocean-daughter
@ocean-daughter
5 months ago
45 posts

I just happened upon this.  Art Garfunkel has such a lovely voice, and presents songs so beautifully.  I have loved this song since I was about ten. 

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 months ago
2,126 posts

Just revisited this.   Can't believe I missed Lisa's link to the 2021 Live recording!!   Not too bad for a couple of old guys.grin  There's hope for me yet!!oma

Nightingale
Nightingale
@nightingale
7 months ago
6 posts

They were the soundtrack of my high school years.  I love this song.  They wrote such beautiful, melodious songs.

I was stopped at a light a couple of summers ago and I heard a Simon & Garfunkel tune coming from the jeep next to me driven by two young teenage high school boys.  I said, I can't believe you are listening to that, I though only us old folk still love them.  They told me how much they loved their music.  Simon & Garfunkel are timeless, their music will go on as new generations discover them.

updated by @nightingale: 10/15/23 12:45:37AM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 months ago
1,729 posts

What poetic lyrics. And what a nice reminder of the purity of Garfunkel's voice. 

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 months ago
2,126 posts

One of my favorite S&G tunes as well.  

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 months ago
1,090 posts

Well, young lady, that was a popular song in of the college coffeehouses I frequented back in those days. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again. The folks who sang it did not do it as well as Art and Paul, but it was lovely nevertheless.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 months ago
2,255 posts

One of my favorite songs of my youth- April Come She Will. From Simon & Garfunkel's Sounds of Silence Album, 1966. I loved the song then when I was 12, but it's even more meaningful to me now that I'm older.

Written by Paul Simon, usually sung by Art Garfunkel.

Lyrics:

April, come she will When streams are ripe and swelled with rain May, she will stay Resting in my arms again

June, she'll change her tune In restless walks she'll prowl the night July, she will fly And give no warning to her flight

August, die she must The autumn winds blow chilly and cold September, I'll remember A love once new has now grown old

Truly a timeless song.
Here is Art Garfunkel singing it in 1966:

...and here he is singing it 55 years later, at age 80 , in 2021...Incredibly beautiful.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990