Help how to post a video

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
4 months ago
1,090 posts

Thanks for sharing your video Macy Jayne. It must have been a fun project. I enjoyed watching it.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 months ago
2,255 posts

Glad to hear it's working for you Macy Jayne.

And again... welcome back!  jive

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Macy Jayne
Macy Jayne
@wendy-coons-karrasch
5 months ago
24 posts

Yes that worked, in the app I used Share to copy to a new window, then copied that lol.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 months ago
2,255 posts

OK I just now posted a test video, a YT video called  Clyde the Limberjack.

It worked fine for me.  As I wrote in the thread I linked to below, I pasted in the full browser URL link when adding the video. I did NOT use the "share" link that Youtube provides when you click on 'share' on your youtube video's page.  Are you guys doing this?

Macy's link that she posted in the first post of this thread looks like the Youtube-provided "share" link (it has a question mark in the middle of the link, but no "watch?" in the middle of the link... as my full browser link has.)

To add a youtube video, you have to copy and paste in the full URL address of the video that's in the window at the top of your web browser.

Please do that and tell me if it works. It just worked fine for me.  Do NOT use the youtube "Share" button link.

Thanks for any further details.

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 12/14/23 10:15:42PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 months ago
2,255 posts

Yes but are you following both the suggestions in the thread that I just linked to?
It's hard for me to 'guess' what exactly you are doing.  Instead of posting a general link to your YT video here in this discussion, can you please copy/paste here the exact thing that you are putting in the site field that is resulting in your getting the error message?

--
Site Owner

Randy Adams
Randy Adams
@randy-adams
5 months ago
115 posts

I have had same issue same message  for month or so. Something changed.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 months ago
2,255 posts

Hi Macy Jayne, good to see you here again!

Can you please look through this thread and tell us if it solves your issue?:

https://fotmd.com/forums/forum/site-questions-how-do-i/17093/add-a-video-will-not-accept-youtube-link

--
Site Owner

Macy Jayne
Macy Jayne
@wendy-coons-karrasch
5 months ago
24 posts

Haven’t been on in awhile. Just tried to post a new YouTube video but got this message. Help please. “ Unable to extract the YouTube ID from the URL - please try again or enter the ID”. 
https://youtu.be/qmRQbQZTC7c?si=zdFG_4Prtlnf7p5S