wow...it's party time again... REVISITED :)

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
How about if instead of a snowshoe, we do a contra dance? Heck, we have plenty of musicians. We gotta work off a few of these calories somehow !

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
Rod, set the table, only 10 more new members and the party will begin. :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
I'm brushing up on my dance moves...

--
Site Owner

Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
casual dress.. and yep partners are welcome we area family after all... I'll share a little of my dew with ya.. Liz (Elizabeth) Thacker said:
This will be my first party and it all sounds rather delish - is there a dress code - are partners allowed - looking forward to a taste of that mountain dew!
Linda
Linda
@linda
14 years ago
11 posts
How much weight will I gain from this virtual meal? Will the pounds be "virtual"? :)That bread is BEAUTIFUL!Put me down for molasses cookies and chewey oatmeal craisin cookies.
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
No problem with the Stilton Strumelia, tho' I,m going to have to bring beer as well cos' it suits the Stilton better than the cider. I,ll pass on the shoeshoeing: I'm going to have to use a dogteam to get the Stilton if the snow we have over here keeps falling! That bread looks good..... Strumelia said:
I think if there's snow, we should all go snowshoeing after lunch!

John Henry- can you get hold of some good Stilton?....I can make a mean crusty bread!:

two-semolina-june09.jpg

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
I think if there's snow, we should all go snowshoeing after lunch!John Henry- can you get hold of some good Stilton?....I can make a mean crusty bread!:

--
Site Owner

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
I am going to plump for something simple, some mature Cheddar cheese( its just down the road from me) some scrumpy (Cider) and crusty bread with freshly churned butter. Maybe some scones and Devonshire cream as well. I,ll share/swop tho, should anyone want to? JohnH
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,429 posts
Ken, I want to sample everything!Although I know beggars can't be choosers, I have one teeny-tiny request: could you leave out the hominy? :)
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
14 years ago
2,126 posts
Well, The Kilted Cook (my professional alter ego) will certain cater this shindig. I've got a 100 year old recipe for crab cakes that are to die for. I do Kahlua Pulled Pork (Hawaii'an style) and Texas BBQ Beef Brisket. Hand made cole slaw with two cabbages, jicama and daikon as well; also ranch-style BBQ Beans. Basil-Mango Shrimp Cocktails. I've also got a couple of really great vegetarian dishes (that are not stuffed portobellos!) for the true vegetarians - Southwestern Succotash with black beans, hominy, corn, squash and more; and Vegetarian Hash - a variety of shredded vegetables griddle-fried together with herbs, spices and EVOO.
razyn
@razyn
14 years ago
40 posts
I think I'll bring Gelusil this time.
B. Ross Ashley
B. Ross Ashley
@b-ross-ashley
14 years ago
59 posts
Mmmm, genuine Southern Ontario butter tarts from me ... and perhaps one of our BC members can bring in some Nanaimo Bars. Rod Westerfield said:
So all we have to bring are deserts.. and of course what ever else you want to bring.. you know this group.. they eat anything..especially Jim, Randy(sorry no bones), Andy, and many others.. of course I'll do my part.. :)
oh yeah we need drinks as well... I have ordered a 55 gallon drum of Mountain Dew.. just thought I'd share this great news...
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
SPECIAL NOTICE...I just received an email this evening... seems word is spreading about FOTMD and how it is growing.. I got an email from the SBBMDPS... (Spider Bite the Baby Mountain Dulcimer Preservation Society) their board has approved to fund the main food for our 500 Member Party, here is the menu..they approved a BBQ meal for us..Pulled Beef and Pork with BunsCole SlawBBQ Beansand for appetizersCrab Cakes and Stuffed Shrimp, plus chips etc.. for those that don't like seafood..So all we have to bring are deserts.. and of course what ever else you want to bring.. you know this group.. they eat anything..especially Jim, Randy(sorry no bones), Andy, and many others.. of course I'll do my part.. :)oh yeah we need drinks as well... I have ordered a 55 gallon drum of Mountain Dew.. just thought I'd share this great news...
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
Bill Lewis said:
This is the most fun you can ever have Robin. I've got some chips and salsa, Jim's got Cookies, i think Lisa's got Chips and salsa too. :)
Bill, I think I'm going to bring a nice healthy spinach salad with my own kitchen-grown sprouts, with feta cheese and calamata olives and a shitake dressing. But I'll keep some 'emergency' extra salsa and chips in my car just in case a whole gang of hungry new members come busting in the door unexpectedly and want to eat up all the good stuff.You bring the salsa and chips for the rest of us and we won't crack into the emergency supplies in my trunk unless we need to. :D

--
Site Owner

Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
This is the most fun you can ever have Robin. I've got some chips and salsa, Jim's got Cookies, i think Lisa's got Chips and salsa too. :)
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,429 posts
When I joined, I had NO idea what I was getting into. :)
Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
14 years ago
85 posts
I'll bring some chocolate chip cookies...

--
Site Moderator
Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
Chips and salsa, now your talking. =:0
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
Rod I remember back in the first month or so you and I were speculating about how many members FOTMD might have eventually...and we both thought it might top off at around 500. But people seem to be joining faster and faster now, the opposite of slowing down, so I don't think people are suddenly going to stop joining after next week or so....unless we run out of chips and salsa! =8-oI remember when we had around 10 members and i felt I needed to start some thread discussions just so that there'd be 'something' going on. I thought maybe people were looking around saying like "ok, so now what?". LOL! Well, the groove is on now.

--
Site Owner

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
Rod, is there some sort of Gov. grant covering the cost of extra provisions for these occasions? Its hard job for us OAP's to keep up with the fine dining taste's of tha St...........JohnH Rod Westerfield said:
yep this is awesome.. did some looking back..
July 29, 2009 - site started 2 members
July 30, 2009 - 7 more members
July 31, 2009 - 8 more members
FOTMD off and growing with 17 members by end of July
Aug 17, 2009 - 100 members
Sept 25, 2009 - 200 members
Nov 6, 2009 - 300 members
Dec 28, 2009 - 400 members
Jan 11, 2010 - 480 members
I think a shout of Hurray is in order for Strumelia thanks for starting this gathering point that a family (ever growing) of dulcimer players can gather to share our ups and downs with our dulcimer playing.. a place to help new players and old a like to share and gain from.. thanks again Strumelia... now of to think about what I'll bring to the party.. hmmm wonder when 1000 will happen.. :) :)
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
yep this is awesome.. did some looking back..July 29, 2009 - site started 2 membersJuly 30, 2009 - 7 more membersJuly 31, 2009 - 8 more membersFOTMD off and growing with 17 members by end of JulyAug 17, 2009 - 100 membersSept 25, 2009 - 200 membersNov 6, 2009 - 300 membersDec 28, 2009 - 400 membersJan 11, 2010 - 480 membersI think a shout of Hurray is in order for Strumelia thanks for starting this gathering point that a family (ever growing) of dulcimer players can gather to share our ups and downs with our dulcimer playing.. a place to help new players and old a like to share and gain from.. thanks again Strumelia... now of to think about what I'll bring to the party.. hmmm wonder when 1000 will happen.. :) :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts
It was only two weeks ago that we reached 400 on December 28th........What the heck?!?.... All these parties are going to kill me! LOLMaybe we should make just one long never-ending party.Oh wait, we already do that. ??!!

--
Site Owner

Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts

Wow 20 short of 500 members...I'm getting to like these parties... have to see what I can bring to this party.. I know no wheat picks.. :) :) seems like just yesterday we had the 400 member party..

updated by @rod-westerfield: 08/01/23 02:56:09AM

/ 2