FANS OF NATE

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 months ago
1,729 posts

Nate's the only person in the world who can play Bile Dem Cabbage and make a jello mold with the same instrument.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

@ken-longfield , consider yourself enrolled!  And wait-- there's more:  you're the outstanding member for the year of 2023!  party

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 months ago
1,090 posts

Well, Robin, I've done both, perform weddings and played music at them. The latter is a lot easier. Now, can I enroll in this fan club?

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

Hey, since you've made me a minister, maybe I can perform weddings and you can play music at them-- how would that be!?!

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
8 months ago
247 posts

Okay backup plan. You are the minister of propaganda, all you have to do is comment under my songs that you enjoyed them. So far your service has been admirable!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

biglaugh

I have a bad hip and poor balance.  So, perhaps I'll just fall into the undesirables before any actual shin kicking takes place.   

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
8 months ago
247 posts

Well then its settled, Robin. You are the enforcer! Your job is to bounce the undesirables. I'll leave it to you to determine which shins you want to kick, and the full brunt force of FANS OF NATE (which I think is just us) will descend on them! 

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

I don't deny it, Strumelia!  winky

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 months ago
2,255 posts

Indeed, I've known Robin to kick a few shins along the way.  nailbite

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

If that's the case (meaning there's no money involved), I want to run for President of FANS OF NATE.  oma I've gotten to be an old lady and will keep everybody in line.  

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
8 months ago
247 posts

Of course Robin, though we might need some treasure first. Sadly, I think this may be one of those times where the real treasure is the friends we made along the way....

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 months ago
1,429 posts

Count me as a fan and, please, may I have consideration as treasurer of the fan club?  cash

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 months ago
2,255 posts

This is a forum discussion dedicated to discussing how cool FOTMD member @Nate is.

Let's hear it for NateMan!!   Nate builds the coolest creative dulcimers and instruments, often using unconventional materials and original designs. Here is his page: https://fotmd.com/nate

Here is just one video showing a fraction of his many talents:

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 08/29/23 05:06:25AM