Skinny dippin'

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

There are minnows that nibble on your toes ... it's funny!Grin.gif

--
The Dulcimer. If you want to preserve it, jam it!
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Me too.....I'm jealous! Unless the cost is losing body parts to biting things..... :)

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water .... duh, duh ... duh, duh .... duhduh,duhduh ... DUNT DUNT DUNT ............................

--
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Hey Carrie, cottonmouths, snapping turtles ! Stop moaning ! It could be Sam in his skivvie's.............43.gif

John

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Okay, enough already, i'm jealous !!!

John

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Cheated yesterday. It's only a 5 minute walk to the swimmin' hole, but I was working on my ATV and had it out anyway (wiring in an inline fuse to the ignition) so I rode it over. Pretty clouds, water felt amazing .............

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

C'mon in ... water's FIIIIIIIIINE !!!

313_forums.jpg

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

John Henry it is actually VERY hot and humid. That's one thing that makes the swimmin' hole so inviting. It's almost like bath water. I did catch your inference ... reminds me of a trip to Dolly Sods and Smokehole when I was a kid. It was with a group and one young lady and I were always the adventurous two. On a VERY hot day we came down from the cranberry bogs and stopped at a beautiful stream (it was full of trout). Shoes came off immediately but that just wasn't enough. I looked at Sandy and without a fare the well she said 'I will if you will' ... I did. We shucked down to scivvies and in we went. Now ..... back to your suggestion ... there's just no justice OR equality ... for as much as Sandy was ... umm ... enhanced (WOO HOO) I was ... erm ....... diminishedFrown.gif by the ice cold water. The whole group did end up in the creek and it is a wonderful memory.

Dana ... This is on a river, but there is a sand bar and it is a nice clean place to swim. You would love it.

Sandy ........ uh ........ I mean ... er ... Cheryl ....... you have a standing invitaion.

Carrie ... pack light ... don't take much for skinny dippin ....

Thank you all for your wonderfully heartwarming comments.

--
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

So beautiful and peaceful!! And, I'd be in that water in one second flat. :) Like a fish...can't keep myself out of it. Was at a good friends wedding a few weeks ago and a group of us and the bride and groom stayed around late...ended up in the fountain splashing like fools. :) You can dress me up........

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

What a beautiful view, If I lived there I would stay at the swimming hole.

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Thanks for posting Sam, I would have to go a long way to see anything remotely approaching that view, but ! it looks pretty darn cool there, not sure that skinny dipping would 'enhance my ego', if you get my drift...........3.gif

John

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Nice sunset at th' swimmin' hole today ...........

312_forums.jpg

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... n-n-n-oooooOOOOO ... that's clunky plunk ...........Grin.gif

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Well ... I'm certainly not going to try it ... I like it here too muchSmile.gif

--
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
12 years ago
2,246 posts

How can you be so sure? lol!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... and Lisa would be pulling my account.

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

One of the neatest things is, the minnows still nip at your toes and the hairs on your legs just like they did when I was a kid. It's a weird feeling. It would have scared the beejeebers out of me if I hadn't grown up there and knew what it was. I do miss the neighborhood kids though. So far, every time I've been I've had the place to myself. Growing up we didn't have 'walk-mans', game boys, texting, facebook, etc etc etc ... so we went swimmin!

--
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Cysytal clear indeed, hence head and shoulders only Carrie !!!

John

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
12 years ago
2,246 posts

Man the harpoons! lol

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

Smile.gif

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

It is ... don't know about the cell phone though .................

--
Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

LOL John Henry I was wonderin who he was dippin with but he is just good with a cell phone. Hope it is water proof.

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... just turned my cell phone hind side before, CLICK! and ... there I was ..............Grin.gif

--
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Hi Dana ! I was thinking exactly that, but my inherent sense of 'English' decorum stopped me asking what might well be an indelicate question ! I suspect that the camera settings had a lot to do with things, (or 3.gif , how to extract ones self from a potential minefield18.gif )

John

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

What beautiful clear water. Now how the heck did you take that picture. LOL

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Been a weird year here John. We had 70's and 80's in Feb and March, then it turned cold, wet and nasty for about 4 years then mid June it started heating up again. Water levels haven't fallen to where it usually is in the river yet this year so the water is still moving pretty good and still appears clear and fresh. It's been a great way to cool off and flush some of the sweat and grime off while working.

Hope your breakfast was just the start of a very good day.

--
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Well, I did offer to come and help you Sam , lol, that water sure looks clear!

I am sure that this comment should be somewhere else, but it is more or less connected ! For the first time this year I have just eaten my breakfast outside, no rain, perfect summers morning, not a cloud to be seen, temp. already in the high 70's, and I am wearing shorts, also a first this year !!! Question is, am I awake, or is this a dream ?

JohnH

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... yep, I am!

It's been hot here. I've been working on cleaning up the storm damage to lots of my trees. Running a chain saw, piling and burning brush in 100 degree plus temps is hot dirty work. The old place is near the river and it's only a short walk to the 'ol' swimmin' hole' I swam in as a kid. It's a great way to cool off and get a little of the sawdust out of my ears.

311_forums.jpg

--

updated by @sam: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM