8 years ago
244 posts

OH that's a purty little thing!!!!  heart

joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
8 years ago
73 posts

george no i am not still building.  health and old age are to blame.  i never wanted to quit.  recently sold most of my wood stash crying1

i'm happy u enjoy the dulcimer.  

joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
8 years ago
73 posts

i believe the back and sides are indeed birds eye maple.  the scroll is walnut and the fretboard is too with an over lay of possibly bulbinga

Estes George
Estes George
@george-desjardins
8 years ago
92 posts

Hi Joe, Thanks for the reply, here are a few more pics. Just have to say how much I'm enjoying playing this. Don't suppose you're still building??

Great work.. Has moved up in the standings to the top 5 in the playing rotation.

Also so the group can see the craftsmanship a little closer. Thanks is all I can say.

"Dulcimer is the voice of Angels"

IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg  •  156KB

IMG_1891.jpg
IMG_1891.jpg  •  597KB

IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1895.jpg  •  679KB

IMG_1897.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg  •  653KB

joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
8 years ago
73 posts

by the way the scroll and tail block look like walnut as well as the fretboard.  however the fretboard is probably overlaid with an exotic wood.  more pics would help me determine the various woods

Ginney Camden
Ginney Camden
@ginney-camden
8 years ago
4 posts

Beautiful instrument!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Very beautiful, enjoy!

Estes George
Estes George
@george-desjardins
8 years ago
92 posts

Even better to know that you didn't use much Birds Eye, because the wood you used on this is absolutely gorgeous. And just makes it more unique.

joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
8 years ago
73 posts

thanks guys.  i think the top is butternut.  i used very little birds eye maple because i had a hard time finding suitable wood

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
399 posts

Beautiful addition!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
marg
@marg
8 years ago
615 posts

Great find, enjoy

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,414 posts

What a beauty!  Enjoy! 

Estes George
Estes George
@george-desjardins
8 years ago
92 posts

Found this on E Bay, just wanted to say what a beautiful piece of work. The wood selection, the size, depth. Love the carving in the head stock and the sound holes. Especially the heart cut outs in the hollow. The inlay where the bridge goes is sweet too.

Am hearing it's Birds Eye Maple back and sides, and butternut top, the finger board is throwing me a bit, but just wanted to say, 

Thanks Joe, it's a beauty. Great voice to it!!

IMG_1879.jpg
IMG_1879.jpg  •  137KB

updated by @george-desjardins: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM