End of Finger Stabs

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 years ago
1,082 posts

Interesting solution, although I usually stab myself on the other end when using homemade loop end strings.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Susie
Susie
@susie
2 years ago
500 posts

Sheryl St. Clare:

I didn't think of your simple solutions. I think the beads are pretty. Maybe I'll get some rainbow beads and really dress up my headstock! 💐

Nothing wrong with that....it's all about having fun and making it your own. You may even start a trend in the dulcimer community. sun

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
2 years ago
259 posts

I didn't think of your simple solutions. I think the beads are pretty. Maybe I'll get some rainbow beads and really dress up my headstock! 💐

Skip
Skip
@skip
2 years ago
359 posts

I bend them back like Strumelia and make sure the cut end is inside the tuner hole.

Susie
Susie
@susie
2 years ago
500 posts

Cute idea. I cut my string ends to about 1/8-1/4" which keeps them out of harms way. But, with  (currently) 4 guitars, 7 dulcimers, and 3 other stringed instruments, I have had my share of string pokes while changing strings (since I started playing 49 years ago). 

updated by @susie: 08/28/22 06:50:50PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,252 posts

That's pretty cute Sheryl! Clever.

I usually take a small needle nose pliers and bend the very ends right back on themselves like a little loop.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
marg
@marg
2 years ago
616 posts

What a good idea

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
2 years ago
259 posts

Kept stabbing my fingers on the ends of my strings. Glued beads on the ends. No more pokes.