Blank Tab Paper

David Ellison
David Ellison
@david-ellison
9 years ago
2 posts

I created my tab in Excel, by altering the height of each line, and placing borders on four lines, to give me three spaces. From there, it was just a matter of copying that format, and pasting it down the page. It took a little tweaking to get the height correct, but worked for me. 

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
9 years ago
400 posts

I've used the one Angela mentions http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/

I usually write the numbers on by hand and prefer to write them in the spaces instead of on the lines, as many computer tabulature programs do.  So I'll often select  "4 string", "bass", or "mandolin" from the choices.  I've been able to create a sheet that only has the word "TAB" on the first staff, but can't seem to get rid of it altogether--I would prefer to use the tuning in that space.  With that site, once you've tweaked it just the way you want it, you can save it.

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
9 years ago
51 posts

Check out the EverythingDulcimer.com website and also Dogwood Dulcimer in Pensacola.

joebesse@aol.com

Stanley Adams
Stanley Adams
@stanley-adams
9 years ago
5 posts

This might be good to post in the general forum or the Beginners Group, so people can find it in the future!    :)

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,729 posts

The link Lisa points us to looks good to me.

Let me also suggest that you can alwasy download the free trial version of Tabledit, which lets you do digital tab up to 16 or 24 measures, I think.  You have to pay if you want more than that. But you can always just print out a blank page from that software.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Lisa Golladay
Lisa Golladay
@lisa-golladay
9 years ago
108 posts

Here are some PDF files:

http://dulcimermusic.org/music/blank/

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

Dan, could you send me that too? I've used a web site that prints out blank pages for tab but I would like to see what you have. I would prefer to type in the tab on the computer. Notes are another subject smile

Dan
Dan
@dan
9 years ago
185 posts

I made my own in Word. It takes a little while but it's free! Email me and I'll send you the .doc I came up with if you like ....

dulcimore@twc.com

fstauss
@fstauss
9 years ago
1 posts

I am looking for a site where I can obtaib free blank tab paper.

Thanks

updated by @fstauss: 01/20/17 01:25:12AM