Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
5 years ago
1,727 posts

Sorry to hear this news. Condolences to Ruth's friends and family.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Cindy Stammich
Cindy Stammich
@cindy-stammich
5 years ago
68 posts

I am so sorry Patty....

Prayers for her family and friends........

May each one hold tight to the precious memories 🙏💕

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
5 years ago
1,083 posts

I knew Ruth from several dulcimer events I attended. I enjoyed sharing music with her. We talked about her on another dulcimer site (probably one of the Facebook dulcimer pages). She is missed by many.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,425 posts

I met Ruth in '09 at Ken Bloom's Pilot Mountain Bowed Dulcimer fest.  She was generous, gracious, a prolific knitter, and all-around good gal!  Ken called her Saint Ruth for her work transcribing his chicken scratching on paper to music.  Ruth was a treasure. 

Dan
Dan
@dan
5 years ago
185 posts

So sorry for your loss Patty......

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

Thanks Patty.  

I met Ruth over 20 yrs ago, she let me come and look at her Keith Young dulcimers before I ordered one from Keith.  She was very gracious.

Sad to know she's passed on.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 03/19/19 08:53:57AM
Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
5 years ago
231 posts

Many may not know Ruth but I wanted to share that she went home to the Lord March 4th. She was very much a part of the Northern Virginia Dulcimer Group. I believe she was one of the founding members of that group. She knew Keith Young. She went to many workshops and some of you may have met her. She often gave dulcimer lessons at her home. She wrote a lot tab. We went to quite a few jam sessions together. I know she left a wonderful musical legacy to her sons. They sang at her memorial service. Ruth touched so many lives. She is already missed.

updated by @patty-from-virginia: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM