Song Identification Help

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
2,248 posts

Gregg Schneeman] As a matter of fact, as you can see in my two "Play Music On The Porch:videos the big beard is gone! Didn't get along with face mask efficiency, and no Renaissance Faire.

For what it's worth, Gregg I think you look great with the super short beard!  My husband did the same thing, for the same reason.  nod

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

Thank you for your help! Gonna work on this one, now that I have some info on it.

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
4 years ago
27 posts

Susie:

Gregg Schneeman:

Susie:

Can someone identify the song that is played here in this video? Thanks.

"My Own House Waltz" into tune #2 I do not know and back to "My Own House Waltz" then into "Ye Banks and Braes"

Thanks, that gives me a starting point to work on this (and tab it out). A lovely tune.

Further Correction --- It is "My Own House Waltz" -- Not "Home"

updated by @gregg-schneeman: 09/05/20 01:49:34PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,720 posts

So you shaved your beard, Gregg, to help stop the spread of the virus.  That's dedication!  Perhaps if you still had it you'd know the name of the middle tune, too!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
4 years ago
27 posts

Dusty Turtle:

@susie, you must have been writing at the same time @gregg-schneeman was.  He identified the the tune at the beginning and at the end (I didn't even make it that far) but there is a third tune in the middle he doesn't know.   No surprise Gregg knew the answer.  You don't get a beard like that without acquiring a lot of knowledge and wisdom. 

As a matter of fact, as you can see in my two "Play Music On The Porch" videos the big beard is gone! Didn't get along with face mask efficiency, and no Renaissance Faire. 

Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

Gregg Schneeman:

Susie:

"My Own Home Waltz" into tune #2 I do not know and back to "My Own Home Waltz" then into "Ye Banks and Braes"

Thanks, that gives me a starting point to work on this (and tab it out). A lovely tune.

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
4 years ago
188 posts
Duane Porterfield might know.
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,720 posts

@susie, you must have been writing at the same time @gregg-schneeman was.  He identified the the tune at the beginning and at the end (I didn't even make it that far) but there is a third tune in the middle he doesn't know.   No surprise Gregg knew the answer.  You don't get a beard like that without acquiring a lot of knowledge and wisdom. 

--
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

Dusty Turtle:

It sounds a lot like Southwind, but I don't think it's the same song.  Both are in 3/4, the first few notes are the same, and the B part goes up to the octave, so there are striking similarities.  But there are also both melodic and harmonic differences.

I wish I could identify it, but I can't. I'm sure someone will.

Thanks Dusty. I'm thinking the same thing. Similar, but different, so that's why I was wondering if it's a different song altogether. If I can't get a definitely answer, I'll just write it out myself, just by having the audio. I've done that on many occasions, so not a problem....just a little more work.

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
4 years ago
27 posts

Susie:

"My Own House Waltz" into tune #2 I do not know and back to "My Own House Waltz" then into "Ye Banks and Braes"

updated by @gregg-schneeman: 09/05/20 01:45:15PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,720 posts

It sounds a lot like Southwind, but I don't think it's the same song.  Both are in 3/4, the first few notes are the same, and the B part goes up to the octave, so there are striking similarities.  But there are also both melodic and harmonic differences.

I wish I could identify it, but I can't. I'm sure someone will.

--
Site Moderator

-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 09/05/20 11:57:24AM
Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

I thought it sounded like it at the beginning, but it has embellishments/parts I have never heard. 

updated by @susie: 09/05/20 12:03:50PM
Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
4 years ago
207 posts

"Southwind", and I'll bet Duane Porterfield is the musician.

updated by @salt-springs: 09/05/20 12:18:52PM
Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts