Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 months ago
2,255 posts

Well that's gonna be fun!  🎼

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
6 months ago
1,729 posts

How exciting, @Lorillee! 

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 10/25/23 02:32:40AM
Lorilee
Lorilee
@lorilee
6 months ago
16 posts

My Ron Gibson Dulcimer should get here by the end of the week!!!!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 months ago
1,729 posts

I don't own a Ron Gibson dulcimer, but I've played two.  One was a Barbara Allen baritone of which I posted a video fingerpicking a quick medley .  The other was a used Jenny Lind model that I encountered in a music store. I played a couple of tunes on it and went back the next day to buy it but was too late; it was gone.

Ron's dulcimers look and sound great.  His prices are very reasonable for the quality of instrument.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 09/16/23 01:14:44AM
leslie
@leslie
8 months ago
2 posts

Hey Lorilee. I actually just received my 6 string Baritone from Ron a few weeks ago. I love it. His prices are very fair. The workmanship is beautiful. He is so easy to work with. The sound of my baritone is deep and rich. Because his prices are so good, don't cheat yourself out of a couple of upgrades since this will last a lifetime.

Mine is all walnut with gold Grover tuners and bone nut and bridge.

The picture is a little grainy and not great cause I took it at my office desk while I am working.

IMG_2514[1].jpg
IMG_2514[1].jpg  •  61KB

updated by @leslie: 09/15/23 09:11:24PM
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 months ago
2,126 posts

Ron made/makes outstanding modern-trad style dulcimers. Which one are you considering?  Have you checked out his website?

Lorilee
Lorilee
@lorilee
8 months ago
16 posts

Does anyone know about or own a Ron Gibson dulcimer? Looking for opinions/experiences/reviews before I seriously consider getting one.