Skip
Skip
@skip
7 years ago
359 posts

Vs a stick on or under saddle pickup, I guess. I lose track of what I write sometimes. confusey

marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

skip

"There's also a MIC setting for using the amp with a vocal microphone."

what does a vocal microphone mean?

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
7 years ago
94 posts

Hi Marg,

I'm unfamiliar with Cube Jam, but I will have to investigate it now.  :)

marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

I also use a bit of chorus & reverb bit not acoustic. Love the tones I am getting.

Have you use the recording app you can download for free - Cube Jam. replies are not good for this app & I have to agree, I cam't record. OH well, maybe the app guys will fix it 

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
7 years ago
94 posts

Hi Marg.  As you know, this amp comes with a few effects and also presets to emulate the sound of some classic guitar amplifiers of the past.  I mostly use it on "acoustic", and with a little chorus and a little reverb.  When used with no effects and on "acoustic", the sound is just that - it just sounds like my dulcimers, only louder.  For what this little thing is (and the price I paid for it), I love it.

marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

brian,

What settings do you use - mostly?

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
7 years ago
94 posts

I own one of these and use it with my dulcimers. It's a great little amp.

Skip
Skip
@skip
7 years ago
359 posts

Looking at my manual, player/recorder via 3.5mm stereo cable [probably male-male], nothing about a mic.

Just a note, MD's only, no guitars here.

updated by @skip: 04/20/17 06:00:22PM
marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

What we need to remember is, it is design for an electric guitar & we are not that - so some of the effects will not work like you hear on the demo's. But, there are a few controls that can make your dulcimer sound louder or with a delay or chores or brighter or more bass & it can go out with you by way of batteries. 

All interesting but would like more feed back for the dulcimer using it. 

marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

There is a jack out for head phones or recorder, can a mike be put into that jack?

Says it can do this, but not sure how & I don't really see demo's on it:

(The Micro Cube GX includes Roland's i-CUBE LINK input, which lets you connect your favorite iOS device to play music or interface with apps. The included cable lets you jam along and practice to your favorite songs from just about any music player or audio device. The i-CUBE LINK also lets you send the studio-quality tones and digital effects from the Micro Cube GX straight to your favorite iOS recording app. Now you can use the cool tones you come up with on the Micro Cube GX on your next recording. The free Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a powerful music tool for recording, jamming, and learning.)

Skip
Skip
@skip
7 years ago
359 posts

I've got one. You will probably have to set it for yourself. If you use a mic/mic pickup be sure to set the knob to mic to start with. I don't use the other settings, tremelo, etc., just the 1st knob. Some of those selections are really sensitive and loud. The batteries seem to last a long time. In some ways I think I like my 15w Crate a bit better, larger speaker ad 2 inputs, but it's really heavy. Overall I like the Roland.

If you sing also I believe I would look at one with 2 inputs.

updated by @skip: 04/20/17 05:03:53PM
marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

(Let's all get Cubes and go to NOLA!  See you in Jackson Square...)

Yes, that sounds great

Lisa Golladay
Lisa Golladay
@lisa-golladay
7 years ago
108 posts

A musician friend of mine just got back from a week in New Orleans.  He says all the street musicians are using "those little Roland Cube amps."  This guy knows his stuff and he's been nagging me (gently) about the Cubes for a while now.

If all you need is a single input for your dulcimer, I bet the Micro Cube will make you very happy.  If you ever intend to sing or play harmonica, consider the Cube Street which has dual inputs for both an instrument and a mic. 

Let's all get Cubes and go to NOLA!  See you in Jackson Square...

marg
@marg
7 years ago
615 posts

Does anyone have or have used a Roland Micro Cube GX Amp? It's light & can be powered by either AC adaptor or batteries. Can hook up i-phone or i-pad to it & use with 'cube jam' free app, or a mike or can record besides a combination of tones & effects - 8 settings, 5 effects with delay, reverb, tone, gain, etc..

What do you think of it?

What settings do you like for a dulcimer?