Your next performance?

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 months ago
948 posts

@hugssandi Hazel's violin with your singing was just right!  You enjoyment would have shown through.  <3

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
hugssandi
@hugssandi
4 months ago
267 posts

@Robin-Thompson, I can't wait to hear about your mini concert!

Today Hazel and I played in church.  I have practiced and practiced and practiced, and I don't know what happened, but most of the song ended up being Hazel's violin with my singing.  LOL!  AH well.  I still enjoyed it very much!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 months ago
948 posts

@Steve-Smith, that sees (and looks like) a fun gathering 

@hugssandi, you & Hazel will be your wonderful selves.  <3 Have fun!  

Mark & I are to play a mini concert at the Coshocton Dulcimer Festival on 15 June.  Though we've hardly played out much over the past few years, we're looking forward to seeing friends and sharing music. 

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
hugssandi
@hugssandi
4 months ago
267 posts

@steve-smith THANK YOU for sharing!  Love it!!

Steve Smith
Steve Smith
@steve-smith
4 months ago
28 posts
It was a lot of fun! Of course, 6 hours outside does a number on the hammered dulcimer tuning, but it wasn't too bad. One fun thing was meeting a guy who many years ago went to school with and played with Peter Tommerup in California and jammed with him and Michael Rugg, but he never learned to play dulcimer. Another fun thing was the 12 baby goats running around. Not too bad other than Landslide, who spent quite a bit of time climbing on everything and trying to eat instruments, cases, etc. At least when they're this age they don't yet have many teeth and don't do much damage! As for footage, nothing this year. I'll attach a picture from another year while we were setting up...
hugssandi
@hugssandi
4 months ago
267 posts

@steve-smith how did it go?  That sounds AMAZING!  Any footage to share?

Steve Smith
Steve Smith
@steve-smith
4 months ago
28 posts
Tomorrow (Memorial Day) at the Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock, NC, and we'll be playing everything we know and probably some we don't, based on requests. Jean and I play mountain and hammered dulcimer from 10-4 in front of the goat barn under a large oak, moving around as the sun moves. It's one of our favorite events of the year because of all of the folks we get to talk with. This will be our 34th year playing there!
hugssandi
@hugssandi
4 months ago
267 posts

I'm sure we had a thread already on this, but I have been searchin' and searchin' and cannot find it!  Please tell me where and what you are playing!!!

Hazel and I are playing in church on the 2nd, "What Wondrous Love".  We've had more time to practice than last time, though there's one note I'll never be able to hit.  Still excited!  HA HA!  I also realized that I was using the wrong side of my bamboo noter for a while, and somehow it was snagging and pulling my melody string(s) out-of-tune. DUH!  Looking forward to a better go-round this time....