How do I post in the Photos section of my page?

Lois Sprengnether Keel
Lois Sprengnether Keel
@lois-sprengnether-keel
one week ago
150 posts

P.S. I find that "+" symbol step that I need to remember.

Lois Sprengnether Keel
Lois Sprengnether Keel
@lois-sprengnether-keel
one week ago
150 posts

Thank you both!  I posted this unsuccessfully on the former site and thought it was worth trying again.  (It also gave me a procedure for a fellow member who has had trouble posting photos here.)  I love the instrument & its uniqueness, so I decided to post it both ways.  Guess I'm 2 for 2.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
1,663 posts

Lois, you could create and name a new photo Gallery and then use the gallery's "+" button to add photos to the gallery.

BUT if your goal is to ask if people know who made your dulcimer, then you'd get a lot more responses if you just ASK that question in a new discussion in our Instruments/luthiers Forum:
https://fotmd.com/forums/forum/instruments-discuss-specific-features-luthiers-instrument-problems-questions
Notice that that forum has quite a few discussions asking who might have made a particular dulcimer.

Many people don't notice descriptions in a gallery or a photo. But a forum discussion, with pictures, WILL get more reads and more replies. A photo or photo gallery is not a great place to try to start a discussion or ask questions. Mostly people will just say "beautiful dulcimer!" when they comment on a photo. Discussion are easiest to conduct in Forums.

I suggest you create your new discussion in the appropriate forum (as I linked above), and then read the following thread for instructions on how to add your photos into your discussion posts:

https://fotmd.com/forums/forum/site-questions-how-do-i/33874/how-do-i-attach-photos-to-a-post

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
2 weeks ago
1,581 posts

Go to your page.  Click on boxed word Photos below the dark yellow bar.  A page called Photo Galleries comes up.  Click the +  then give the gallery a name, and select pix to upload (you can only upload 6 per day).  I just did that with my Burnsville Holly Leaf build.

updated by @ken-hulme: 08/13/19 10:42:42PM
Lois Sprengnether Keel
Lois Sprengnether Keel
@lois-sprengnether-keel
2 weeks ago
150 posts

I have 1 photo in my photos section that I somehow acquired from the Berea Gathering.  I have 6 photos I would like to post and ask if anybody recognizes who made my Swan-shaped Dulcimer.  I can select them from my files & they range from 87.5 KB to 181 KB, so that should be smaller than the 1.5 MB it says is the maximum.  I click the Select Images to Upload box on my Photos tab, open the photo in my file and drop it on the Select Images box, where the title appears in a green box (but no photo).  There the size goes from 87.5kB to 0.2MB with all but 1 of the 6 either 0.1 or 0.2 MB.  What step am I missing?  While I'm at it I'd like to group all 6 together, titling it Swan-shaped Dulcimer and in the gallery description say where I bought it as a clue & ask if anybody recognizes the signature & logo on it and the instrument.