dulcimerroo
@dulcimerroo
7 years ago
15 posts

Ned Kelly in armour now there is an idea!

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,123 posts

Lumber/Limber Jacks (tree choppers) are/were somewhat common here, but we still have fun with them.  You could always make a dancing Swagman/Bushranger/Ned Kelly!!!

dulcimerroo
@dulcimerroo
7 years ago
15 posts

Thanks perhaps I will, but Kangaroos are somewhat common place here.jive I had thought of a dog but I think a man of some sort first. Will definitely work on a design for a Roo.

Thanks All!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,252 posts

Ken Hulme:

You've got to make a "dancing kangaroo" limberjack!

Omg Ken- great idea!  thumbsup

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,123 posts

You've got to make a "dancing kangaroo" limberjack!

dulcimerroo
@dulcimerroo
7 years ago
15 posts

Have explored the sites selling lumberjacks and Ken's idea of making one seem more attractive. The cost of the limberjack is reasonable but shipping to Australia is prohibitive, one company wanted $72.00! The limberjack will have to wait a while as I finish up some other projects.

Many thanks for the responces!

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
7 years ago
143 posts

I bought a limberjack from Prairie Wind Toy Co. They're not expensive, the quality is quite good, and they even sell a kit you can build. Their website is prairiewindtoys.com.

Steven

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
7 years ago
1,727 posts

I have bought two limberjacks online.  One was from the late Keith Young.  That is obviously not an option anymore.  

The second was a dog limberjack from these folks on Etsy .   It is solidly made.  No concerns about quality at all.   If you just search Etsy you get lots of other possibilities as well.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 04/01/17 09:00:13PM
dulcimerroo
@dulcimerroo
7 years ago
15 posts

Thanks Ken, Yes I have seen people selling Limberjacks on the net but one never knows what the quality will be like.

As for making one --- I hoped to have one sooner than that.nod

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
7 years ago
1,083 posts

I don't know about the best place, but you can find limberjacks all over the Internet. The places I would usually suggest are either no longer in business or no longer carry them. Are you sure you don't want to make another one?

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

updated by @ken-longfield: 04/01/17 07:35:24PM
dulcimerroo
@dulcimerroo
7 years ago
15 posts

Not sure that this is the right section to post this, but non of the other sections seemed any more appropriate.

Some years ago I made a limberjack but a fellow musician fell in love with it and I gave it to her. I planed to make an other but that hasn't happened. Where would be the best place to buy one?