Dulcimer Bag Lady Dulcimer Bags

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 months ago
500 posts

Dusty is right, giving them a call is a good idea....it's what I did last year, when I ordered a music stand (it was taking longer than Steve stated and I was getting frustrated). I think, to continue, they need to figure out a better business plan, because communication is so important. Here's what he posted on Facebook in August:

MESSAGE from STEVE BINKLEY, 
THISTLEDEW ACRES (dulcimerbaglady.com):

I am writing this to let you know that Thistledew Acres 
aka dulcimerbaglady.com is alive and moving forward 
in this dulcimer world that we love.

There is no doubt that the ‘office’ side of the business 
including communications and filling orders in a timely 
manner is not what I want it to be at this time.  I sincerely
apologize for any frustration I have caused.

With the encouragement of some treasured music friends, 
plans are in the works for extra quality help on the office 
part of my business.  In moving forward, I will be able to 
spend my time in the wood shop and at the sewing machines.  
Making product is what I love!
Sincerely,
Steve

updated by @susie: 02/12/24 05:20:34AM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
3 months ago
1,729 posts

Sorry to hear that, @greg-gunner.  The website lists a phone number; have you tried calling?

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Banjimer
Banjimer
@greg-gunner
3 months ago
141 posts

The last couple of years the Dulcimer Bag Lady has not done a good job of communicating and responding to orders.  My most recent order was submitted in December 2023.  I'm still waiting for the order to be acknowledged.  A follow-up e-mail has also received no response.

The dulcimer bags are of exceptional quality, but the business end needs to be addressed if they want to continue selling dulcimer bags.  

Wildcat
Wildcat
@wildcat
3 months ago
22 posts

That double bag looks pretty slick!!

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 months ago
500 posts

Ken Longfield:

I have three of the double bags. Like Richard and Ken I highly recommend them. Well worth the price, although I did buy two of them used.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a great song."

Ken thank you, it's nice to get such good, and consistent feedback. 

Now to see what their turnaround time is. I know they are staying busy.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 months ago
1,090 posts

I have three of the double bags. Like Richard and Ken I highly recommend them. Well worth the price, although I did buy two of them used.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a great song."

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 months ago
500 posts

Richard Streib:

They are great bags. Well made with quality materials. I can recommend them without reservation.

Super, thanks Richard. Looks like it's a go!

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
3 months ago
234 posts

They are great bags. Well made with quality materials. I can recommend them without reservation.

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 months ago
500 posts

Ken Hulme:

Great heavy duty construction.  I had one of her double bags, and used it steadily for close to 20 years before the zipper wore out and the inner lining got a couple of tears.  Repairing it would have cost as much as a new bag, and I couldn't afford either at the time.  Can't recommend them highly enough..

Thanks Ken, nice recommendation....I appreciate it!

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 months ago
2,126 posts

Great heavy duty construction.  I had one of her double bags, and used it steadily for close to 20 years before the zipper wore out and the inner lining got a couple of tears.  Repairing it would have cost as much as a new bag, and I couldn't afford either at the time.  Can't recommend them highly enough..

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 months ago
500 posts

I am considering either a single or a double dulcimer bag from The Dulcimer Bag Lady, and just wondered if anyone here has one. I'd like a little feedback first. I have 3 of her (her family's business) music stands, which I love. Great quality and design. But I've never seen one of her dulcimer bags up close, so that's why I thought I'd ask here. Anyone care to share their thoughts?

https://www.dulcimerbaglady.com/bags.htm

I do know that her daughter and son-in-law have taken over the business.