Crock Pot Beer Chicken

hugssandi
@hugssandi
7 years ago
244 posts

I'd probably drink a little bit, pour a little into the recipe, drink a little more, pour a little more...  SOUNDS DELICIOUS!!!!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
7 years ago
229 posts

Steamed Clams in beer on the beach....oh yum!

We have done beer butt chicken oh boy so good!

Paul Certo
Paul Certo
@paul-certo
12 years ago
242 posts

I made a little beer & wine years ago, but I don't drink enough to make it worthwhile. I can buy expensive beer for the 6 or 8 cans a I drink every year. I never did achieve high quality results, either.

Paul

Mandy
Mandy
@mandy
12 years ago
140 posts

I use beer to make my beer bread, my beer bbq ribs, and beer butt chicken (as Dana described). The food tastes sooooo good. However, I sometimes wonder why I'm wasting all that beer. Haha. Several years ago I was brewing my own beer too, though I've scaled all that down lately due to my multiple love affairs (with instruments that is).Grin.gif Grin.gif

Mary Z. Cox
Mary Z. Cox
@mary-z-cox
12 years ago
62 posts
That sounds really good. Think we used to make a similar recipe like that years ago and it was really good. We also used to make that beer bread-- and it was so yummy because the beer tasted like yeast in the bread. :)
Paul Certo
Paul Certo
@paul-certo
12 years ago
242 posts

I bet there was a lot of beer, the last beer would likely have been fought over. "You did what with the last beer? I'll slap the taste out of your mouth, you dern fool!" We make beer can chicken a lot, it's probably my favorite chicken recipe.

Paul

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

LOL John Most redneck experiments end with those famous last words..HAHAHA

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

We used to make "Chicken on a beer can" on the grill, you juststick an open canof beerup the chickens rear(a dead one of course) and let the beer steam it. Makes the meat really tender and moist. Always wondered who it was that first thought of that. Two rednecks with a chicken and a half drunk beer. Hey bubba wonder what would happenif we........and threw it on the grill? And a trend is started!Grin.gif

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
12 years ago
85 posts

That does sound not only interesting, but most important, really good!38.gif 113.gif

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

Please let us know how it turns out, Dennis!

Dennis Waldrop
Dennis Waldrop
@dennis-waldrop
12 years ago
16 posts

Somehow I came across a recipe for crock pot beer chicken today on the Internet. I copied the recipe and will be trying it out. Not very many ingredients but uses a ca of beer for the broth. Over some rice sounds like it will be delicious.

updated by @dennis-waldrop: 03/02/19 04:40:29PM