FOTMD needs your support

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 months ago
2,246 posts

My deepest thanks to the folks who have again stepped up to help support this site. You know who you are. inlove
It's often the same ten or so members each year who show their generosity. If you regularly enjoy the resources here and have never donated before, if you are comfortably able to make a donation I would greatly appreciate it.
It costs about $75/month in server and software fees to keep FOTMD running. Making a donation is easy- just use the site's Home page Paypal Donation button and use a credit card to complete it (you don't need a paypal account to do this). Members who donate $35 or more will see a "Patron" label on their profile page.
Many Thanks to those who help out!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 months ago
2,246 posts

I want to thank the several members of FOTMD who have made donations this holiday season.  It is so kind and generous of you to support our site during these trying times.  Your thoughtfulness is so much appreciated and keeps this dulcimer network running (for 14 years now!).  Hugs to you and may you have a warm and safe holiday season in the company of good friends and loved ones.  🥰 grphug

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,246 posts

Just a little reminder that this site costs money to keep running, and for 14 years it has survived thanks to the thoughtful donations of members.

Rather than always being the same few people who donate regularly... are there any members out there who enjoy using FOTMD but have perhaps never made a donation? We could use a little monetary boost before the end of the year, to cover server costs etc. 

Today I'd like to appeal especially to members who have never donated before.
To make a donation, use the Paypal donation button at the top of the fotmd Home page. (you don't need a paypal account to do it, just a credit card can be used).

Any amount is appreciated, no matter how small. But if you donate $35 or more, a "Patron" label is applied to your profile page.

Thanks so much, Friends!    grphug

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 12/31/23 11:45:32AM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
2 years ago
1,720 posts

Thanks to those generous members who have made donations. Without you, we wouldn't be here! HUG

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,246 posts

I would like to take this moment to thank a few very special members .
There have been a handful of people over the past couple of months who have made donations to FOTMD, unasked and without waiting for any public call for donations. They have thoughtfully and generously made site donations during this holiday season, without wanting any recognition. A couple of these kind folks even went to the trouble of sending their check in the mail... one of them from far overseas!

I just want to deeply thank these people who quietly supported FOTMD during this pandemic season, and during these dark winter months. You know who you are.
Your support is what enables me to keep this site up and running. I truly, truly appreciate your kindness and your generous hearts. 
May your good deeds shine back upon you with abundant warmth and love!  grphug   love

--
Site Owner

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
3 years ago
231 posts

I encourage all who use the forum to help support it.

It's really simple. If you enjoy the forum and it benefits you, you really ought to support it. A lot of things in life are note free, and the forum is not really meant to be a handout. After all we pay for other things we enjoy--groceries, pro baseball, movies, concerts, bowling, dulcimers, dulcimer festivals etc.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,246 posts

Richard Streib:

You can count on me.

Richard, thank you so much for supporting FOTMD with your kind and thoughtful donations.  bighug

--
Site Owner

marg
@marg
3 years ago
615 posts

dulcimer music heart

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,246 posts

@Marg , thank you so much for your very kind site donation to support FOTMD!  love

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,246 posts

I'm very grateful to those of you who have made a contribution.  Believe me, it really helps.  grphug

--
Site Owner

sgarrity
@sgarrity
3 years ago
4 posts

Done grin

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,415 posts

Yup, I'm in! 

Thanks for all you do, Strumelia!  

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
3 years ago
231 posts

You can count on me.

Lois Sprengnether Keel
Lois Sprengnether Keel
@lois-sprengnether-keel
3 years ago
197 posts

I don't qualify for the category of "new" folks & also not for me are either monthly nor being "extremely generous and appreciated! "

That said, I'm proud to continue bearing that "Patron" label.  I appreciate this site, both for its information & contacts.  I've been recommending it whenever possible to anybody interested in Mountain Dulcimers, whether a beginner or beyond.  Whether for myself or beginners this is a wonderful resource.  It shouldn't be something you pay for, Strumelia.  All you do as our very active administrator should be the most we expect of you.

I've been an administrator on a network similar to this, but for professional storytellers.  Lack of income eventually made its owner realize it was more than he cared to continue.  I would hate for that to happen here.  We've seen other major sources of dulcimer networking disappear.  I would hope I'm far from alone in my support!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,246 posts

Hello dear FOTMD members.
FOTMD has been an active mountain dulcimer social network for 11 years now. So far, I've always been able to pay our server/site expenses with the donations from thoughtful members. We've managed to cover costs and usually have about $30 surplus by the end of the year. It's not making much profit, but then my goal has always been for it to simply pay for itself.

After going over this past 'covid year' expenses, I'm finding that donations have dropped enough so that they are no longer covering site costs. Since I already invest considerable time keeping the site running, I would prefer not to also pay for its cash upkeep out of my own pocket.

Yes, this is a call for donations!  I'd like to see a few new   folks make a donation now and then if they can, rather than the same handful of members who always seem to step up. We also have a couple of members who very generously maintain a monthly automatic paypal donation subscription of $5 or $10/month. There are also a couple of members who send FOTMD $100 every once in a while. These donations are all extremely generous and appreciated!   Yet it is not quite enough to cover costs.

This site is for all members to enjoy. I would not expect anyone under financial hardship to make a donation, so my request goes out to those of you who are comfortably able to donate something. Remember, a $35 donation or above will earn you a "Patron" label under your name on your profile page for about two years. But ANY amount of donation is so much appreciated!- whether that's $10 or $200. Please consider a donation -especially if you have never donated before.  Help keep FOTMD running and vital.

To donate, just click on the Paypal Donation button on our main page. (you don't need to have a paypal account to use the button, just a credit card).

Thank you all so much!  grphug inlove

Strumelia  

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 12/20/22 10:44:19AM