Party time :)

TERI WEST
TERI WEST
@teri-west
14 years ago
25 posts
How 'bout snow candy? Suzanne Dennis said:
I don't guess you want any snow cream, do you?! :-)
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Feels fancy drinking this tea out of this pretty cup with a saucer.With 600 of us, maybe we ought to make two jam circles instead of one. ;) I call for "Red Wing" when my turn to call a tune comes 'round!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
My, all this heavy food! =8-oI am going to serve some Japanese green tea to lighten things up and help give us energy for the jamming ahead... sencha, anyone?

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
I heard PB fudge.... wow what a party again..
folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
Well if you could start some music, we could all play musical chairs. Strumelia said:
Anyone wanna play Twister?
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
Anyone wanna play Twister?

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Strumelia, enjoy the olives! I like J-E-L-L-O (sing while you spell it) and there's always room for it. :)Now to sample a little bit of this and a little bit of that. . .
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
Here don't forget my Jell-O mold!Robin, I'll take your 'eyeball olives' off your hands- no sense letting them go to waste!

Is Ken bringing his famous shrimp?

--
Site Owner

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
14 years ago
85 posts
One thing about FOTMD, we really know how to throw a party... pass the pretzels and dip...Thanks Strumelia

--
Site Moderator
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
hey Robin here is cheeseburger fresh of the grill with a big serving of fries just for you... where are those deserts... :) :)
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Thank goodness-- I'm hungry as a horse! :) Some appetizers and a jam with 600 of my closest friends. . . it's all good!
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
Congrats Stumelia, JohnH
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! who'd a' thunk?? :DPARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!Let's eat the first course then take a break for tunes! :D

--
Site Owner

Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
let the party start... we hit 600.. pass those fries and burgers...
Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
one more new member then it's PARTY TIME !!!!!!!!!!!:)
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
ok.. I'm firing up the grill for the burgers... we only need one more member...
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
Hey, do you know how hard it is to get that stuff out of a beard? I'll try to get there on time and you can 'hand it to me on a plate', folkfan, regards, JohnH folkfan said:
heheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee. ROTFLMHO :-)

Strumelia said:
folkfan said:
Consider a whole cake sent, John Henry. Sorry, but I'd have to use "Cool Whip" but it will be the extra creamy variety. Whipped cream just doesn't stand up very long. And cherry it is. Coming at you, now. FF

pie-in-the-face.jpg

folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
heheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee. ROTFLMHO :-) Strumelia said:
folkfan said:
Consider a whole cake sent, John Henry. Sorry, but I'd have to use "Cool Whip" but it will be the extra creamy variety. Whipped cream just doesn't stand up very long. And cherry it is. Coming at you, now. FF

pie-in-the-face.jpg

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
folkfan said:

--
Site Owner

folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
Consider a whole cake sent, John Henry. Sorry, but I'd have to use "Cool Whip" but it will be the extra creamy variety. Whipped cream just doesn't stand up very long. And cherry it is. Coming at you, now. FF John Henry said:
Folkfan! May not be able to make the celebration on time. Any chance of sending a portion of tunnel cake across the pond? You state that it may be carried................, cherry for preference!
JohnH
folkfan said:
Michael, For you all also bring my raspberry tunnel cake. It's a sour cream white bundt cake made with a tunnel of raspberries in it, and served with a large dollop of whipped cream. If I need to carry it some place, I cover it in a layer of cool whip and fill the center and edge of the platter with a couple of cartons of fresh raspberries. Or if you enjoy cherries, the tunnel is made from cherry pie filling (the expensive type with more cherries than sauce) then covered in cool whip and the center filled with another can of cherry pie filling dribbling over the sides and down and around the cake.

Michael Vickey said:
folkfan said:
Death by Raspberry. I've found out that too much chocolate can trigger a migraine, so I modified my Death by Chocolate. A foundation of raspberry meringue, topped with fresh raspberry sorbet, mounded with raspberry whipped cream and a drizzle of raspberry syrup and a handful of fresh berries tossed on. Sprig of mint for a bit of color.

Oooohh! Red Raspberries - my favorite all-time food.

You can have my portion of the Evil Shrimp bits and Evil encased-olive Jello Salad, but save me a double portion of that raspberry dessert.

C'mon 600.

Michael
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
ok we still need 3 members for 600.. but say lets start a pre party party.. since Strumelia's Beginner players group has reached 100 members... sounded good to me.. :) :) so pass the fries and ketchup..
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
Folkfan! May not be able to make the celebration on time. Any chance of sending a portion of tunnel cake across the pond? You state that it may be carried................, cherry for preference!JohnH folkfan said:
Michael, For you all also bring my raspberry tunnel cake. It's a sour cream white bundt cake made with a tunnel of raspberries in it, and served with a large dollop of whipped cream. If I need to carry it some place, I cover it in a layer of cool whip and fill the center and edge of the platter with a couple of cartons of fresh raspberries. Or if you enjoy cherries, the tunnel is made from cherry pie filling (the expensive type with more cherries than sauce) then covered in cool whip and the center filled with another can of cherry pie filling dribbling over the sides and down and around the cake.

Michael Vickey said:
folkfan said:
Death by Raspberry. I've found out that too much chocolate can trigger a migraine, so I modified my Death by Chocolate. A foundation of raspberry meringue, topped with fresh raspberry sorbet, mounded with raspberry whipped cream and a drizzle of raspberry syrup and a handful of fresh berries tossed on. Sprig of mint for a bit of color.

You can have my portion of the Evil Shrimp bits and Evil encased-olive Jello Salad, but save me a double portion of that raspberry dessert.

C'mon 600.

Michael
folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
Michael, For you all also bring my raspberry tunnel cake. It's a sour cream white bundt cake made with a tunnel of raspberries in it, and served with a large dollop of whipped cream. If I need to carry it some place, I cover it in a layer of cool whip and fill the center and edge of the platter with a couple of cartons of fresh raspberries. Or if you enjoy cherries, the tunnel is made from cherry pie filling (the expensive type with more cherries than sauce) then covered in cool whip and the center filled with another can of cherry pie filling dribbling over the sides and down and around the cake. Michael Vickey said:
folkfan said:

C'mon 600.

Michael
Michael Vickey
Michael Vickey
@michael-vickey
14 years ago
28 posts
folkfan said:
Oooohh! Red Raspberries - my favorite all-time food.You can have my portion of the Evil Shrimp bits and Evil encased-olive Jello Salad, but save me a double portion of that raspberry dessert.C'mon 600.Michael
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
Robin Thompson said:
Aw, Strumelia, come on! I was the 6th person to show up and I'm getting hungry waiting for the 600th! :) :) :)
LOL Well, ok, maybe some fries. But don't eat up Ken's gourmet shrimp before the others get here! ;D

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Aw, Strumelia, come on! I was the 6th person to show up and I'm getting hungry waiting for the 600th! :) :) :) Strumelia said:
Robin Thompson said:
Would somebody pass me those fries, please? Oh, and ketchup, too! :)

Sorry, no nibbling until we reach 600.
Mo, that tall burger is even more unsettling than my Jell-O mold!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
Robin Thompson said:
Would somebody pass me those fries, please? Oh, and ketchup, too! :)
Sorry, no nibbling until we reach 600.Mo, that tall burger is even more unsettling than my Jell-O mold!

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Good to know you made home safely, Bill.Would somebody pass me those fries, please? Oh, and ketchup, too! :)
Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
Ok, i'am home now but i'am really tired! So i'll jump back into Dulcimer mode tomorrow. Glad to be home. :)
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
ok.. I'm bringing stuff for cheese burgers and chips..

or if you really want a tall burger..

oh yeah a some french fries..

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
Mmm good-looking, Strumelia, and I'll bet it will taste as good as it looks! LOL I'll eat the celery, cheese cubes and/or pats of butter. I'm going to pick out those stuffed olives, though-- they look like eyeballs! :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
I'm gonna make some groovy 1950's style Jello-O mold salad....mmmmm....

Hmmm....are those cheese cubes in that jell-o, or..... PATS OF BUTTER!!! =8-O

--
Site Owner

folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
14 years ago
2,111 posts
Tropical Shrimp Cocktails from chilly and dreary Florida:Shrimp sauteed with a tangy Cajun spice blend, with a dipping sauce made from a Mango, a Starfruit, and an Asian Pear pureed together.
Stephanie Stuckwisch
Stephanie Stuckwisch
@stephanie-stuckwisch
14 years ago
45 posts
I'll bring the Chocolate Decadence.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,415 posts
I've got beans soaking to cook for soup tomorrow. Bring your bowl & spoon!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
Ok, I'll start dusting and getting my place ready for the party...

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,248 posts
WHAT THE HECK??? I thought I checked just a couple days ago and it was still 560 or so!? =8-oWho has time to play the dulcimer with all these parties going on??? LOL

--
Site Owner

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts
Rod, with reference to the party. I do'nt wish to offend but could you please find someone else to look after the 'Dew' should any turn up this time. I think that Stumelia was under the impression that I had looked after it far to well at the last party, causing me to miss the clearing up after the party had finished! As I try to take 'note' of all she says, and in order to stay in some sort of 'a-ccord' with her, and so as not to be seen 'stringing' her along causing her to 'fret', I think I might just bring an Arctic Roll this time.Sorry all!!! JohnH
Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
14 years ago
85 posts
I'll bring what I brought the last time...what ever that was... Don't worry though. It'll be good. Ain't it great 600 members in a rather short time. That's a pretty good accomplishment.

--
Site Moderator
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
wow party time again all ready..guess I'll have to see what I can round up for the party... may have to forget the dew this time... think it caused a few problems last party.. :) :) seems like just yesterday we were celebrating 100 members...
Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts
We need to start getting ready for another PARTY. 10 members from 600!!!!!!!!! Who would of thought we would grow in leaps and bounds. I'll bring the Sunshine from California. Who's bringing what else? Let's PARTY. :):):):)
updated by @bill-lewis: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM