Sleep In Heavenly Peace Rod

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
11 years ago
1,426 posts
I've thought of Rod today.And the other day, I thought about Bobby's little granddaughter who didn't survive birth and felt happy on the occasion of the birthday of the sweet little girl who did.
Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
11 years ago
13 posts

Merry Christmas Rod

It doesn't seem like 3 years.

Dave

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
12 years ago
2,254 posts

Bobby, that's a beautiful thought.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
12 years ago
2,124 posts

Gone but never forgotten.

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
12 years ago
258 posts

Just about two years ago I returned home from hospital after heart surgery to find a package from Rod, his book ! Plus the news that he was no longer with us ! I miss him, for his forbearance , infinate patience, and willingness to guide !!! On here and on 'Paltalk', he helped me (my abysmal knowledge of things 'computer' is long standing) and in the early days of this treasure that is FOTMD he was a presence ! As Lisa has said, always remembered !

JohnH

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
12 years ago
2,254 posts

Every Christmas day I envision Rod playing his dulcimers and sharing his knowledge and wonderful enthusiasm with others. 'Deputy Mo', we will always remember you so fondly!

--
Site Owner

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
12 years ago
1,727 posts

Rod was the first to welcome me to FOTMD and he embraced me as though we were old friends.

Merry Christmas, Rod.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,426 posts

I hope Rod's family feels comfort today.

Rest in peace, Rod. We miss you, friend.

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
12 years ago
13 posts

Merry Christmas Rod

Dave

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks Linda

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

The older I get the faster they get.I didn't know Rod for very long either, but I started learning aboutSacred Harp tunes from him in the short time I knew him.I learned one of the Sacred Harpsongs he used to play and I'm working on some others. Time flies.

Dana R. McCall said:

So hard to believe it has been a year already. For the short time I knew him he was such a sweet man.

Linda Jo brockinton
Linda Jo brockinton
@linda-jo-brockinton
13 years ago
22 posts

Dave,

Thank you so much, this is beautiful.He was such a great Christian first, parent second and musician 3rd. How many of us can say the same. Perfect thanks. LB

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
13 years ago
168 posts

So hard to believe it has been a year already. For the short time I knew him he was such a sweet man.

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks Wayne

Rod was very much active in the dulcimer community but provided good example for us all to follow.

Merry Christmas

Dave

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks Dusty

Thanks John

Merry Christmas

Dave

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks Lisa

I have been thinking about posting something for Rod for the last couple of weeks but nothing was coming to me. Some of the players on Paltalk this last Tuesday played something for Rod but I didn't have anything prepared. I had some time this morning and after I found the video I had a creative moment. I felt I should post it tomorrow but ...

Merry Christmas

Dave

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
13 years ago
258 posts

Thanks Dave, I for one will always remember

John

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
13 years ago
1,727 posts

Nice tribute to Rod. I can't believe it's been a year.

Peace to one and all.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
13 years ago
2,254 posts

Dave, thank you so much for posting this wonderful tribute thread. What a beautiful tune you play for him.

Many of us have been thinking of Rod these past few days especially. He poured so much love into 'the family' here on fotmd. I feel like "Depity Mo" will be watching over our site of Friends tomorrow on Christmas day, with his silver bullet in his pocket... just in case.

--
Site Owner

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks Robin

After watching the video this morning, I picked up my dulcimer and that's what happened. Rod was also one of the main players on our Tuesday Paltalk sessions. The Tuesday before Christmas last year he and I were doing most of the playing and it seemed nothing was out of place with him.

Merry Christmas

Dave

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
13 years ago
1,426 posts

Dave,

Thanks for your lovely musical tribute to Rod. I'm also glad you posted the YouTube link to his daughter's tribute-- it's so touching. It surely was a shock last Christmas Day to learn of Rod's death. I remember Rod with great fondness. And he was our own dear Deputy Mo.Smile.gif

Blessings to you & yours!

Robin

Dave Holeton
Dave Holeton
@dave-holeton
13 years ago
13 posts

Merry Christmas Rod

We miss you

We remember you

Dave

updated by @dave-holeton: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM