John Henry..thought I'd share

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
14 years ago
2,126 posts

's about time ye got better, John!! A' the best!

Flint Hill
Flint Hill
@flint-hill
14 years ago
62 posts

Wow, John Henry, what a relief that you're home.

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
14 years ago
85 posts

Welcome back and glad to hear that all is well, John.

John Henry said:

To all at FOTMD

I am home, after an exciting early morning ambulance ride nearly three weeks ago to the ccu in our local hospital, where, after due deliberation, and much prodding and poking, it was decided that my old ticker needed a couple of modifications and a bit of a tune-up. Not the best way to avoid doing the Christmas Shopping, but I am assured that I shall be as good as new now, I hope that someone has told my wife, LOL.

My grand daughter has tried to keep me informed of happenings on this site, and I was surprised and gratified to hear of the comments made by my friends, thank you, I will be in touch as some as I get back in the swing, just feel a bit drained as of now.

Its good to be back tho'

JohnHenry

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,429 posts

Is it good to see you, John Henry! I confess to being jealous that you've been made good as new. :)

Take care and heal well, friend.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
14 years ago
168 posts

John Henry!!! So glad to see you are on the road to recovery. Really miss talking to you. I always look forward to our little banters back and forth. Rest up and take it easy for now. Your friend, Dana

John Henry said:

To all at FOTMD

I am home, after an exciting early morning ambulance ride nearly three weeks ago to the ccu in our local hospital, where, after due deliberation, and much prodding and poking, it was decided that my old ticker needed a couple of modifications and a bit of a tune-up. Not the best way to avoid doing the Christmas Shopping, but I am assured that I shall be as good as new now, I hope that someone has told my wife, LOL.

My grand daughter has tried to keep me informed of happenings on this site, and I was surprised and gratified to hear of the comments made by my friends, thank you, I will be in touch as some as I get back in the swing, just feel a bit drained as of now.

Its good to be back tho'

JohnHenry

Robin Clark
Robin Clark
@robin-clark
14 years ago
239 posts

Hi John,

I've heard that a little malt whisky is very good for thinning the blood after such a trauma - for purely medicinal purposes of course!

I hope you are back on your feet soon!!!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
14 years ago
1,729 posts

Welcome home, John. I don't mean to your house, I mean to FOTMD!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts

Yay! Welcome back John Henry!!!!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts

welcome home.. John glad to hear that you're as good as new.. we are all glad to see you back.. and I'm sure all your dulcimers await you... Smile.gif

Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts

Glad too see you are back John Henry. I know all about having too go back in for a tune up. Thankfully i wont need to have one for a long while. Take it easy and work back up to speed, we will be waiting on you here. :)

Geoff Black
Geoff Black
@geoff-black
14 years ago
25 posts

John

Good to see you're back with MOT secured for yet another year. For the Americans among you it's a kind of licence to practice - in this case Mountaindulcimer Occupational Therapy.

Glad to hearyou're feeling better after the Op - it's been quiet in the UK without you!

Geoff

John Henry said:

To all at FOTMD

Its good to be back tho'

JohnHenry

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
14 years ago
258 posts

To all at FOTMD

Its good to be back tho'

JohnHenry

john p
john p
@john-p
14 years ago
173 posts

Easier to smuggle in some wire and string up the bedpan :)

john p

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts

Robin Clark said:

Did you manage to smuggle an MD in tohim? - you could alway say it was abed pan !!!!!!!

Robin

--
Site Owner

Robin Clark
Robin Clark
@robin-clark
14 years ago
239 posts

Hi John,

Tell the old bugger to leave those nurses alone and concentrate on his playing next time you see him!!!

Did you manage to smuggle an MD in tohim? - you could alway say it was abed pan !!!!!!!

Robin

John Shaw said:

I've just been to see John Henry in hospital this afternoon. He's very cheerful - but rather bored! His operation which was due last week was delayed because of equipment failure, and has been rescheduled for tomorrow. He was tickled pink by the interest and concern of his friends on this site, and would love to hear from them.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,429 posts

Thanks for letting us know, John S! Our friend will be in my thoughts.

Good to have the address-- thank you, Rod.

John Shaw said:

I've just been to see John Henry in hospital this afternoon. He's very cheerful - but rather bored! His operation which was due last week was delayed because of equipment failure, and has been rescheduled for tomorrow. He was tickled pink by the interest and concern of his friends on this site, and would love to hear from them.

John Shaw
John Shaw
@john-shaw
14 years ago
60 posts

Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts

Dana and any one else want to send John a card ... here is his home address

John H. Crocker

30 Court Road

Horfield

Bristol BS7 OBT

England

Dana R. McCall said:

Does anyone out there have John Henry's address? I love to send him a Get Well card.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
14 years ago
168 posts

Does anyone out there have John Henry's address? I love to send him a Get Well card.

Geoff Black
Geoff Black
@geoff-black
14 years ago
25 posts

We, like all John's friends and admirers, wish him well and trust he will be up and out of hospital before Christmas.

If not, there's an ever-present risk of a mass dulcimer-relatedvisit - which could put back recovery by months...

Let's all play for him as well, Rod.

Geoff and Anne Black

folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts

It's been said by many already, but can't hurt to repeat. "Get Well Soon and Best Wishes"

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
14 years ago
85 posts

Best wishes, John. Get well soon...

--
Site Moderator
Michael Vickey
Michael Vickey
@michael-vickey
14 years ago
28 posts

Best wishes for John Henry.

Bill Lewis
Bill Lewis
@bill-lewis
14 years ago
48 posts

I just notice this and i hope and pray fo a speedy recovery John Henry. Get back here you are missed.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
14 years ago
1,429 posts

Yes, a swift recovery for John Henry! (I've missed him!)

Thanks, friends, for passing this along.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
14 years ago
1,729 posts

Thanks, Rod and Strumelia, for informing us of John Henry's situation. We are all wishing him a speedy recovery, I am sure. Please keep us updated if you receive any news.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
14 years ago
2,255 posts

Thanks Rod for starting this thread.

John Henry's granddaughter Kate left this message on the chat wall here today as well:

Hi all, leaving a msg on behalf of my Grandad - John Henry. He's still in hospital, having an 'mot' on his heart....I know he's missing this site and all his friends on here lots!! Im sure he will be back online with you all as soon as poss!! Best wishes Kate (John Henry's grandaughter) xx

I know we all miss John Henry very much here and we wish him a rapid recovery! Can't wait to hear from him in person again here.

Get well quick John H !!!!

--
Site Owner

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
14 years ago
168 posts

Thanks Rod I was wondering where he's been. I hope it's nothing to serious? Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

john p
john p
@john-p
14 years ago
173 posts

Thanks Rod, I was thinking of giving him a bell earlier today.

Let's hope he'll be back with us soon enough.

john p

Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts

I received an email from John's granddaughter.. she stated that he had been in the hospital for the last couple weeks and may be there another week.. just thought I let all you know.. please add him to your in prayers..thanks Rod

updated by @rod-westerfield: 08/01/23 08:52:55PM