Tenor Guitars

kjb
@kjb
5 years ago
12 posts

I don’t have a tenor guitar, but I have tuned a Ruan, or Chinese Moon Guitar like one.  It was an ornament for years, but great fun to play.  Please check out the link and enjoy.

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 years ago
259 posts

Cynthia, I've been to your part of the country, and a chainsaw is a must-own item for sure. Beautiful country! 

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
9 years ago
400 posts

Cynthia, love this new instrument of yours!  Thanks for showing it to us and playing and singing, too!  And, yes, if I ever got up to your neck of the woods (I'm currently in AZ), I'd watch out for the chainsaw in the doorway!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Thanks so much John, Sheryl and Lexie. John - I think it's more being able to actually play the guitar, and get a key that works for my voice. The mansion, ROFL, I'll have to put a sign at the end of the driveway. ...just don't trip over the chainsaw coming in the door!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Great sounding guitar good tunes and loved your singing along. Very much enjoyed hearing you play.

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 years ago
259 posts

I loved it Cynthia, I really did. Thanks for sharing.

john p
john p
@john-p
9 years ago
173 posts

Great stuff Cynthia. Non stop fun at the Wigington Mansion :)

Easy to play along with and you've a good voice when you loosen up too.

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Thanks for the nice comment Oliver. New link for Careless Love on uke:

Oliver Ogden
Oliver Ogden
@oliver-ogden
9 years ago
4 posts

enjoyed very much, thanks Cynthia

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Thanks Rob. It's getting tougher to find any sweet spot. Glad you played along on dobro, it's the highest compliment.

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
9 years ago
420 posts

Nice, Cynthia.... so you're in Bb?  it fits your voice well.  Got out my dobro.... played along.

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

New link to St. Louis Blues by WC Handy:

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

Oh, here is a link for my Ibanez,  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PFT2NT

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

I must say, thank you for your clip. In a way, I feel responsible for you getting one, as I got 2 in the past winter, a vintage Harmony tenor guitar that was refurbished, and my Ibanez PFT2 - Natural, a mini dreadnought style, as opposed to the parlor size which you had gotten.  Both Ibanez' are super value for there money.  As I'd shared privately, and will say publicly, if Joni Mitchell played the Ibanez George Benson model electrics live in the late 70's and early 80's, then you know that Ibanez is a brand to be trusted.  I simply can not say enough good things about mine.

The one thing Cynthia and I discovered is that the best strings for these tenors believe it or not is the La Bella tenor guitar strings.  The strings D'Addorio makes supports GDAE tuning, but are way too heavy for the standard tenor tuning of C G D A.  I emailed the guy I bought the Harmony from to ask what strings he used, and he told me La Bella, so there you go.

Lynn austin
Lynn austin
@lynn-austin
9 years ago
19 posts

What a nice deep tone your new guitar has Cynthia....Anither nice addition to your collection...ENJOY!!!!!

Gordon Hardy
Gordon Hardy
@gordon-hardy
9 years ago
28 posts

Cynthia, I very much appreciated your review of your new tenor guitar. Loved your playing and singing of Precious Lord. I'm pleased that you are so happy with this new addition to your collection.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

I love that! Thanks for sharing!!!

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Ibanez Artwood parlor tenor guitar. 5ths tuning, but tuned down a step. I like this tenor guitar quite well and did a short bit of review and play of it.