This is what came in the mail.

Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
10 years ago
70 posts

It's a beauty. Please post a video so we can hear you playit! I agree that those sound holes may be sending a message.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

Phil, it sure is pretty!!! I hope you can post a sound clip soonSmile.gif

Guy Babusek
Guy Babusek
@guy-babusek
10 years ago
96 posts
That's so beautiful Phil! Congratulations!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,246 posts

Phil that is so wonderful, makes the heart all fuzzy thinking about it.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
10 years ago
168 posts

It is beautiful Phil and your right know one like dulcimer player as friends. Smile.gif I love baritones and can't wait to hear a vid to see how it sings.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
10 years ago
399 posts

This really is pretty, Phil (can I say that about a guy's dulcimer?)...and I hope the sound is just as lovely. I like the combination of the wood used. And, yes, the soundholes say, "Give Florida a try!".

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
10 years ago
1,720 posts

Nice looking instrument, Phil. Congrats.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Cindy Stammich
Cindy Stammich
@cindy-stammich
10 years ago
68 posts

Wow that is beautiful!

Keep strumming and smiling!!!

phil
@phil
10 years ago
129 posts

I don't think I can take another winter here in Indiana. Ken all I have to do now is get my wife to load up the car and I am there.Grin.gif

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,415 posts
Phil, what great mail! Some of the nicest people in the world play mountain dulcimers. :)
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,073 posts

That's a nice looking instrument Phil. I am sure it sounds just like it looks. Thanks for sharing it.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
10 years ago
2,111 posts

There are a couple nice liveaboard boats availble just down the dock from me, guys...

Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
10 years ago
155 posts

Wow, that is a real beauty, Phil. Who made it? Yeah, I'm thinking of moving to FL myself.

Grin.gif Grin.gif Grin.gif Grin.gif Grin.gif

phil
@phil
10 years ago
129 posts

I know some of you have been waiting to see what I got in the mail. Been having trouble with my SD card taking to my lap top or I would have had this up sooner. I tell I still can't believe it even though I have been playing on it everyday. One Baritone Dulcimer. I love the way she sings. she made of maple and walnut. think the two sound holes are trying to tell me its time to move south. Grin.gif I know there are a few dulcimer players in FL.114.gif 24.gif hope these didn't come out to big..I am not promising anything. But I might try and post a video later so ya'll can hear it, I have been working on a song of my own. It just seemed to come out of this dulcimer. Just remember I tend not to do well in front of video camreas.

518_forums.jpg

updated by @phil: 08/03/23 02:08:35PM