Offering sympathy to our dear John Henry

David E.Hall
David E.Hall
@david-ehall
7 years ago
10 posts

Just read about your loss JH , sorry to hear about it and for your loss. they say Time is a great healer, but every now and then the loss comes back to bite. Lost my Dad nearly 10 yrs ago and still in catches me now and again.

Keep a Haad ,young man.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
7 years ago
399 posts

John Henry and Paul, there's a quiet strengthening that happens as you grieve, even as it seems the death of your dear Mary has left a hole that can never mend.  I hope you can find joy and comfort with the music, flowers, or treats that she enjoyed and that your faith will be as a balm to your hearts.

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
7 years ago
258 posts

Thank you for the kind thoughts Cindy ,much appreciated !

JohnH

Cindy Stammich
Cindy Stammich
@cindy-stammich
7 years ago
68 posts

John Henry, I am so sorry that I am so late with this, but  I pray that God lifts you up and comforts you.

I hope you find your way back to playing music, and that it can bring joy in your life.

You and your family are in my heart and in my prayers.

God hath not promised skies always blue,

Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;

God hath not promised sun without rain,

Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day,

Rest for the labor, light for the way,

Grace for the trials, help from above,

Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
8 years ago
231 posts

John Henry, I agree with Rob. I understand how you feel. I lost my mom two years ago. A couple of things help me. One, I know she is in heaven and two, I play her favorite hymns on my dulcimer. I'm sure Mary has some favorite songs that you could play. You and your family are in my prayers.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

JH.....You are in my heart and prayers. You are a part of my music and offered many of us your skill of the MD.

I will pray that when your days are quieter you will play a song again. I know that my playing of my MD's are a great healer.

What a beautiful tribute to your beloved wife John. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself.

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
8 years ago
422 posts

JH.... Music helped me during a similar time of bereavement.  For a while the only thing my guitar could play was a lament or a blues, but I played it and playing helped the loss and loneliness I felt.  May God bless you and your family!

PS:  We've (at least me) learned a lot from you too.

updated by @rob-n-lackey: 11/25/16 08:50:37AM
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,415 posts

I am at a loss for words, John. . . And continue to hold you in my heart.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,248 posts

Our love goes out to you John Henry. 

I hope you will continue to check in with your many friends here, as you are able.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
8 years ago
258 posts

I thank you all for your kind thoughts............very gratifying to see that we are remembered.    Mary will leave us for the last time on Dec 5th from the church where we were married over sixty three years ago, on her coffin will rest a representation of the flower arrangement she carried all those years ago.    Its been a hard few years, and a particularly hard last six months and I am struggling a bit..............dunno if I shall get back into music, but I do know that I shan't forget the many folks I have met thro' this site and the good things we shared.   Thank you for the exchanges of information, I have learnt a lot from them.

JohnHenry

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
8 years ago
74 posts

John my deepest sympathies for you and your family. You are such a devoted and wonderful person and I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. We all love you. Condolences also to your children. 

Lynn austin
Lynn austin
@lynn-austin
8 years ago
19 posts

John Henry,  I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mary...my deepest condolences to you and your family....

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas
@charles-thomas
8 years ago
77 posts

John Henry, I am very sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

hugssandi
@hugssandi
8 years ago
244 posts

God bless you and yours, John and Paul.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
8 years ago
207 posts

John Henry...........I just read the post by Robin concerning your beloved's crossing Jordan. May you be granted great comfort from family and friends and the knowledge that beyond Jordan there is a promised land.

"I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger
                                                                    Traveling through this world of woe
                                                                    Yet there's no sickness, toil nor danger
                                                                    In that fair land to which I go
                                                                    I'm going there to see my father
                                                                    I'm going there no more to roam
                                                                    I'm just going over Jordan
                                                                    I'm just going over home"

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
8 years ago
86 posts

John Henry,  I am so sorry to hear of Mary's  passing.  I hope you and your family find comfort in knowing she is with the lord and is no longer in pain. You are a good man to have sacrificed of yourself for Mary's comfort the past few years.  If you need someone to talk to,  I'm here for you.  God bless you and your family in this tough time.  Your friend Kevin. 

Martha E
Martha E
@martha-e
8 years ago
8 posts

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
8 years ago
231 posts

John, I'm sorry to hear about Mary. I'm lifting you and your family up in prayer. May God give you comfort as only He can. 

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
8 years ago
143 posts

My condolences to you, John and Paul, and to your family.

Steven

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
8 years ago
85 posts

John Henry, so sorry to hear of Mary's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

--
Site Moderator
Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
8 years ago
94 posts

I am so sorry to read this news.  My deepest condolences to you, John and Paul.   You are in my thoughts.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
8 years ago
385 posts

So sorry to hear the sad news, John Henry.  May God hold you and your family in His loving hands at this time of grief.

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
8 years ago
182 posts

My deepest condolences to the entire Crocker family.  Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,720 posts

I'm so sorry for your loss, John and Paul.  Condolences to you and your family.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

Condolences, John and Paul.  

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Our Dear Friend John Henry, you and your family are in my prayers and I hope you find comfort in each other in the coming weeks as you remember your Sweet Mary.

Sending you Hugs.

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
8 years ago
422 posts

John Henry and Paul,  Your loss is great.  My heartfelt sympathy and condolences.  I know she had to be a special lady to put up with you, JH, these many years.  And yes, Paul, I'm sure she was a wonderful mother as well.  Here's hoping you might be comforted and will try to pray to that end.  

Sorry for your loss,

Rob

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,248 posts

John Henry, my heart is with you.  Please know that we send our love to you at this very difficult time.

I hope you are able to receive comfort in the coming weeks from your family, friends, and perhaps through music as well.  Mary was a very special and wonderful woman. 

I send a warm gentle hug to you, dear John Henry.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,415 posts

It is with a heavy heart I tell you that John Henry's beloved, Mary, has died.  John and his son Paul are both members here.  I offer my deepest sympathy to John & Mary's entire family and pray for each to feel comfort midst their grief.  

updated by @robin-thompson: 08/02/23 12:42:30AM